Monday, February 23, 2015

A Whirlwind Week!

I am so proud of my not-so-tiny-anymore dancer!


My blog posts have been seriously lacking the last couple of weeks. Sometimes life gets in the way, ya know? We have been going nonstop, in both good and not so good ways. Sometimes things just seem to happen all at once. Between school and dance classes for the little, a broken car (boo), family members in the hospital (yikes), a new baby niece (yay!), having to buy a new car (eh), selling the broken one (good riddance!), and dance rehearsals for my baby girl's Smith Center debut (more on that in a sec), I haven't had a moment to breathe, let alone blog! But, I'm hoping this week things will settle down a bit and we can get back to our boring (in a good way!), normal life. 

So back to my little dancer's big show....I am such a proud momma! 

Mason dances at the Academy of Nevada Ballet Theater, and is going on her fifth year there. This is her first year to be out of the children's program and officially a part of their pre-professional ballet program. She couldn't love it more. This child lives and breathes dance. We even installed a mirror and ballet barre in our upstairs loft for her. She says to me on a regular basis, "Dance is my life, Mom!". So when she was included in the group of Academy students asked to perform in Nevada Ballet Theatre's Gala Performance: Dance Among the Stars celebration of co-founder Nancy Houssels' birthday, she was thrilled to get the chance to dance at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts. This was definitely the biggest stage she has ever performed on, and it's such a beautiful venue. She's not old enough to audition for the annual Nutcracker production there yet, so when this opportunity presented itself she could not have been happier. She actually cried when I told her! And not only was it getting to dance at the Smith Center with Nevada Ballet that was so awesome, but they were also joined by Lil Buck, Frankie Moreno, and dancers from Pacific Northwest Ballet and American Ballet Theatre. It was such a spectacular night filled with unforgettable performances, and I know it was so special to my little girl. I wish I had more pictures to share, but of course no photography is allowed in the theatre. You can check out Nevada Ballet Theatre's facebook page for a few highlights though. 




This kid loves the stage, and loves to dance, and I couldn't love her more!


xo, Summer




To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer