Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tortellini Soup with Cheesy Garlic Bread


I can't take credit for this recipe - it's my mom's. And honestly, this was my first attempt at making it, even though I love it when she does! It's easy tortellini soup, and it's perfect for when you're not feeling great or when it's cold outside. Not that it's cold outside here in Vegas - 80 degrees in the middle of February is hardly winter, but I'm always up for soup! This one goes great with garlic cheese bread! Here's what you'll need:

Chicken broth - 
2 cans stewed or diced tomatoes
Frozen spinach (as much or as little as you like)
1 box of tortellini
2 cloves garlic, or chopped garlic to taste
1 tablespoon butter
Parmesan cheese (to taste, and for garnish)

Boil your pasta according to the package directions in the chicken broth until it's not quite done.


 Add your other ingredients, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.



How easy is that? Spoon it into a bowl, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top, and done! We serve ours with garlic cheese bread. Here's what you'll need for that:

1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise
Butter
Mayonnaise
Garlic Powder
Shredded CHEESE!!!

Heat your oven to 400. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then spread onto the bread. Use your judgement on amounts for this one. I just put whatever looks good at the time-no measuring. :) Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.


Slice and serve!



Such a simple, delicious meal! It was a hit in the Smith house. I already knew I loved it, but it got the hubby's seal of approval as well. We'll definitely be making this one again! I hope you try it!


xo, Summer



To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer