Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunny Saturday


I love the weekends! Who doesn't, right? I look forward to doing absolutely NOTHING on Saturdays and Sundays. Which means catching up on the DVR, laundry, and cleaning house. I know, super fun huh? I'm so exciting! Of course there are other things thrown in there too. Quality family time, meals out, movies, parks, and the occasional child's birthday party. But the point is, there's no timeline. No rushing around to get from one place to another. Time slows down. I love it.

This weekend I told myself I would put all of my household chores on hold and just enjoy our free time together. No laundry, no dusting, no cleaning toilets. Normally this would totally stress me out, but this weekend I just let it go completely. Freedom! Let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL! What did I do with all this free time you ask? Well.....We started with breakfast at the Original Pancake House Saturday morning. So yummy, and what's better than pancakes and balloon animals?

 
Eric had to work Saturday evening, so Mason and I were on our own for some girl time. We headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies for the pointe shoe decorating contest Nevada Ballet does every year. This year she decided to turn her pointe shoes into sock monkeys! Not entirely sure how that's going to work yet, but we did grab some socks and buttons. I'll show you the finished product when we get around to actually working on them! On the way home we just HAD to stop for our favorite cupcakes, Mad Hatters. The Snickerdoodle is my fav. Mason loves chocolate!
 
 
 The rest of our day we played outside in the backyard since the weather was PERFECTION, and hung out together just us girls. Now, I know every parent says thinks they have the most wonderful kid ever, but I seriously do have the coolest kid in the world! I adore her. She makes life fun. Who could resist that face?

In case you're wondering what one busy mom on a budget wears for a relaxing weekend? I'll show you!

 
 
 
 
Again, starring Target! Jeans and beaded shoulder sweatshirt - Target. Toms shoes. I honestly can't remember where the watch came from! Necklace is Charming Charlie, and the coral and gold bracelet is from Belle & Grace!
 
How did you spend your weekend?
 
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer