Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Week 2 Bachelor HIghlights. Bring on the Crazy!

 
The hubs is definitely NOT into watching the Bachelor with me, or discussing it at length during and afterward, so I decided to do another highlight post on the blog so I could express my thoughts without eye rolling! :) If you saw all the, like gazillion promos leading up to last night's episode, than you were just as excited as I was to see a classic Bachelor style meltdown! I was not disappointed! But let's start from the beginning.
 
Because of Sunday night's behind the scenes special, they just jumped right in last night and wasted not time getting to the first one on one date, which went to Clare. I really liked her from the first episode, and she was in my top four picks! I thought she and Juan Pablo were cute on their Winter Wonderland date. They seemed to have decent chemistry. But there wasn't a whole lot of substance! Sure, she talked opened up and talked about her dad, but then it was just hey, let's go make out in a hot tub, and suddenly she's crazy about him. Really?
 
Kat got the second one on one. Another one of my top 4 picks! She's adorable, and they seemed to get along great. Very natural. It was a fun, casual date, and she just went with the flow and had fun. Again, no substance, but the date was not as serious and "romantic" as Clare's. Kind of uneventful. But sign me up the next Electric Run! Looks like a blast!
 
Group dates to me are always WAY more entertaining than the one on ones. There's always drama, and let's face it, that's really what we tune in for. The group date last night had it's share of drama for sure! The first half of the date was cute with everyone participating in a photo shoot for charity. 
 
 
I could not believe what a trooper Kelly was to let them put a bald cap on her an paint her from head to toe. She looked full on ridiculous, and just went with it! Way to go girl! I would have been completely mortified, so she gets points from me for that one! I really felt for Andi and Elise. I don't blame either one of them for not wanting to pose nude (or mostly nude). Not a cool situation to be in. Points to Lucy for trading with Elise and giving her the fire hydrant costume, not that she minded getting the extra attention! Probably not good on the job front for a first grade teacher to be posing nude on television! Elise made the right decision and after this episode she's at the top of my list. So sweet and adorable! I don't think she'll make it to the end, but I'm rooting for her anyway! I have a new personal fav! And I also want to say, Andi had a hard decision to make as well. After talking to JP she decided to go ahead and go through with it, but that couldn't have been easy. I'm sure she didn't want to come across as unprofessional on TV.  But she ended up looking gorgeous, and somehow managed to not seem whiny and annoying when she was talking to Juan Pablo about her concerns. They have great chemistry and you can tell he really likes her. I still like her a lot. If she isn't the last one standing, maybe the next Bachelorette?
 
At the cocktail party afterwards Nikki's one on one time stood out (another one of my top 4 picks!). Other than Victoria interrupting it seemed like it went great! They're cute together, and Juan Pablo seems to look at her differently than the other girls. She might be my new front runner! And I give JP props for giving Kelly the rose. She totally deserved it. No one else had to spend the day covered in ugly brown paint.
 
Alright, can we talk about Victoria now?
 
 
Oh. My. Gosh. What in the world was that? There have been some pretty epic meltdowns in Bachelor history, but I just did not understand where this one came from! Other than she is just a TERRIBLE drunk! Why was she so mad at Juan Pablo? I was seriously confused. Nikki saw it coming and tried to get her to calm down before it began, but she obviously didn't listen. Sloppy drunk is not cute on anyone. Never. It's just gross, and annoying. Kudos to JP for giving her the boot the next day before the rose ceremony. I don't think anyone will miss her.
 
The rose ceremony was pretty uneventful. Sharleen was a little bit less awkward than last week, and thank goodness she apologized for her hesitation accepting the first impression rose. I really don't know how to feel about her. Guess we'll have to see how things play out. I thought maybe Cassandra was going to go home after her little crying session, but Juan Pablo is just so nice, he didn't hold it against her. I don't see him letting anyone go easily though. Amy sealed her fate with that little interview session, which was kind of painful to watch, and didn't get a rose, along with Chantal, who didn't get a lot of screen time, but seemed pretty normal.
 
Despite the Victoria meltdown, it was kind of an uneventful episode I thought. No profound observations or predictions on my end, just my thoughts. Looking forward to more romance and drama in the weeks to come! What did y'all think about last night's episode? Who's going to go home next week?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer