Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bachelor in Paradise


I didn't recap the Bachelorette this season, not because I wasn't into it, because I totally was. I guess I was just busy, and not really feeling like writing on the subject. But the new season of Bachelor in Paradise, well, I can't help it. There's so much to talk about! Did you guys love it as much as I did? So! Much! Drama! I'm not going to do a recap really, because if you're reading this you already watched the show. But I will share my thoughts. And I have so many thoughts! And I don't want to put a lot of negativity out there or be mean. I'll do my best to be nice, but know that in the privacy of my living room the hubs and I do not hold back on the snark. :) So this post is going to be kind of all over the place, but I'll do my best. 

Let's start with the beginning, shall we? How incredible was that intro? So amazingly cheesy, it makes me want to be on this show, even though I'm old and married,  just so I can be part of the crazy awesome intro. It was like a cross between Three's Company and the Real Housewives, with a dash of Saved by the Bell. So great! Moving on. 

What did y'all think about the wedding? Lacy and Marcus do seem genuinely in love, so I'm happy for them. But how odd to have your wedding with a bunch of randoms you've probably never met before? Weird. Just my opinion. But congratulations to the happy couple, and now everyone else on the show is hopeful it could turn out the same way for them. We will see....

There's an awful lot of guys from Kaitlyn's season on the show, and a lot of girls from Chris' season. And a few people that would be considered ancient in Bachelor years. Yes, I'm referring to Tenley. Although I am older than her, so she is definitely not an "old lady". I already feel bad for her for some reason, and it's only the first week. I have a bad feeling it's not going to end well for poor Tenley,but I don't know why. So then there's some guy Dan that I do not remember AT ALL, but then they said he was from Des' season, so it makes sense why I don't remember him, because I snoozed through that whole season I think. Anyway...Here are my favorites:


1. Carly
LOVE me some Carly. I loved her on Chris' season of the Bachelor, and I still love her. She is so hilarious. I hope she and Kirk work out! If not, I hope she stays on the show for a while, because I love her.


2. Clare

I know, I know. Crazy Clare. But she makes for great television, right? I loved when she was talking to the crab (loved the editing anyway). And she's totally gorgeous, so there's that. But I really don't see her with any of these guys. Hopefully she'll stick around for a while too, and stir the pot a bit!


3. Ashley S.

Of course. I still don't understand her at all, but I love that about her! If she ends up with Dan I will so happy. And confused, but mostly happy.


4. Ashley I. (and Lauren)

Y'all. Can this whole season just be the Ashley and Lauren show? Because I cannot get enough of them! The dynamic between these two is awesome. I love all the Ashley tears (even though I really do totally feel bad for her), and guys, I really do hope she finds someone! It's kind of looking doubtful for her, based on all the clips of the season we've seen, but the poor girl deserves a man for heaven's sake! She is so beautiful, and so insecure, and I just want to give her a hug. Although I do have to say, I'm holding a bit of a grudge about the old lady comments, because I am DEFINITELY in the old lady category by her standards. But since she apologized (kind of) on the after show (which I will discuss in a bit), I guess I'll forgive. Seriously though, Ashley has become one of my all time favorites. Love her. 

I'm not really digging any of the guys.....There's a few in there that I didn't even really recognize. And what is all the fuss about Jared?

I just don't see it. I mean, I like the guy. He's cool, he seems like really really nice guy, I understand that. But everyone keeps going on and on about how gorgeous he is, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. And Mikey? Well, he's probably not finding love in paradise, just saying. And what is the guys' obsession with Jade? Is it the Playboy thing? All the dudes seem a teensy bit obsessed with her. Hmm...

I also have to mention JJ, mostly because of this crazy prediction the hubs came up with.  It's a good one y'all! I'm not 100% sure I'm on board with it, but it could be true....Here ya go. You know those clips of Ashley I. later in the season asking for a fantasy suite date, and then Joe looking like he wants to knock JJ's teeth out? Hubs thinks Ashley I. is going to give it up to JJ., and then he's going to blow her off, which Joe will obviously think is pretty crappy, and want to hit him in the face. It's a theory guys! Like I said, not sure I'm on board, but it would be really juicy! I actually thought JJ seemed like a pretty decent guy for a minute at the end of Monday's episode when he had to be the one to send someone home, even though he pretty much screwed Jillian over. Who knows what will happen! Can't wait to see!

On to the after show. This is new....I do really like the after show idea. I think we can thank AMC for that trend right? They did it with Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. I love the idea of having celebrities that are fans of the show, as well as cast members. I have to be honest, I'm not sure about the co-host though. I follow her on twitter, and she's crazy funny, but I just didn't think she meshed well. She's a little mean, don't y'all think? On twitter it's one thing, and I admit I laugh, but it just made me cringe when she would say things in front of Ashley I. and Mikey. Chris Harrison doesn't need a co-host, he's amazing on his own. :) Maybe someone different would have left a better impression, I don't know. I would have loved to see a previous cast member as co-host if we have to have one. Michelle Money perhaps? I may be a little biased because she's my favorite, but I would have loved that scenario! Or maybe Jaclyn Swartz, although I'm pretty sure I spotted her in clips from this season...

Anyway, like I said, this post is all over the place. My thoughts were not very organized. Maybe I should have done a video instead. Oh well. I may or may not continue to share my thoughts on the greatness that is Bachelor in Paradise throughout the season, we'll just have to see how it goes. But I know I can't wait to watch! And I'd love to hear what y'all think! Also hey, follow me on twitter! I don't really go on much right now, but I'm thinking I want to, and I have like, no followers. Like, it's embarrassing how many followers I don't have. Stupid twitter. Follow me! :)


xo, Summer



To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer