Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Munchies: BBQ Grilled Cheese Sandwiches


We have so many busy nights in our house with homework and dance classes, that it's hard to come up with quick dinner ideas that aren't take out. Grilled cheese sandwiches are a super fast and easy dinner that we sadly have probably too often, so I'm always trying to come up with new variations on the classic. This BBQ grilled cheese turned out pretty yummy! And it's so simple! When I cook stuff like this I don't measure or time things, I just kind of improvise, so apologies in advance. But the great thing about these kinds of recipes is that they don't have to be exact.

For this sandwich you'll need:

6 slices of bread
Butter
Sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 slices per sandwich)
1 small onion
BBQ sauce

Choose a sturdy bread for this sandwich, because it will be messy. I used sourdough. A sharp cheddar cheese works really well too, but you could use white cheddar, or gouda, whatever you like. First, sauté a small onion. When it's about halfway caramelized, add some BBQ sauce and finish cooking. Add as much sauce as you like. Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ is my personal fav.
 
 
While your onions are doing their thing, butter your bread. Then you're ready to assemble. Put two pieces of bread in the pan with a slice of cheese on both. Add some onions to one slice, and once the cheese melts a little, put your two sides together.
 
 
Once the bottom half browns, flip it over.

 
Brown until the cheese is sufficiently gooey and melted, and there ya go!


SO yummy! I will definitely be making this one again! It would also be great with some diced or shredded chicken, or bacon. (Oooh, bacon-I'm totally trying that next time!)
 
If you have some creative sandwich ideas, I'd love to hear them!
 
 
xo,
Summer
 
 
 
To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagram, facebook. pinterest, twitter, etsy, and bloglovin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer