Saturday, January 14, 2017

Bachelor Season 21 Episode 2

I'm really wanting to give Nick a chance as the Bachelor. Like I said last week (read my top picks here), I liked him a lot on Bachelor in Paradise-he kind of redeemed himself in my eyes. I realize we're only 2 episodes into this season, but I have to say so far I'm so not digging him. I mean, Nick, could you possibly seem less interested? He just looks so bored all the time! Except of course when Corinne is taking clothing off or making out with him. This is not helping with your image Nick. And speaking of our villain Corinne-Within the first two minutes of this week's episode I was already super annoyed by the girl, who is so ridiculous I'm not sure I can continue to watch her.  

In case you missed this episode, it started out with a date card that said "Always a bridesmaid....". The girls going on the date were Corinne, Vanessa, Sarah, Alexis, Hailey, Lacey, Brittany, Jasmine, Raven, Danielle L., Taylor, and Elizabeth W. Not hard to guess that they were going on some sort of bridal themed photo shoot. They drive off in convertibles, and I just have to mention something. They ALL have their hair down, and NONE of them have a hair elastic. What is the deal with that? I know I'm not the only person to notice this. It happens every season, where they're in a car, or it's super windy, or they're at the beach, and every season it drives me crazy.  Are they not ALLOWED to have hair ties? Did they just forget? I'm so confused. If anyone can explain this to me please do, because it totally drives me bananas. 

Back to the date,,,,The girls get different themed wedding or bridesmaids dresses, and whoever has the best chemistry with Nick at the end of the day gets extra time with him or something. Once they all start with their individual shoots I realized I do not remember half of these girls from night one. Provably not a good sign of their longevity on the show. 

A few  highlights of the date: 

1. Vanessa in her 80's dress totally looked like the dude from the Wedding Singer, right?


2. Corinne's face when Taylor and Nick started kissing.
    


3. Corinne's face when she realized she did not have the sexiest outfit and therefore was not the center of attention for a few minutes. Priceless.



4. Everyone else's faces when they see Corinne take her top off in the pool. I had the same reaction they did.  



Corinne was fuming when Brittany and Nick did their Adam and Eve themed wedding (weird?). 
She seriously could not handle it, and was like, OK, I'll just get naked too. 
Her parents must be so proud. Here's the thing though- Her antics worked!!! She won and got to have another photo shoot with Nick. Ugh.


For the evening portion of the date they go for cocktails on a rooftop somewhere (of course), and it's no surprise that Corinne is the first to grab Nick for some one-on-one time. Then she decides that wasn't enough time and interrupts Alexis. Not a popular move, but not uncommon. But then later she decides she needs even MORE time, and interrupts Taylor's time. Taylor wasn't having any of that though, and went and cut in on them to get her time back. This is where I just about lost it. Corinne is super mad. She just cannot fathom what just happened. Her actual words were "I interrupted Taylor, then she came and RE-interrupted me." Oh my gosh, does she hear herself? Then she starts referring to herself in third person which I CANNOT STAND. Anyway, it gets really awkward when she goes to rejoin the rest of the girls, and then Nick goes and makes it worse and gives the date's rose to who? CORINNE!!!!! What? I thought it would be Raven based on their on-on-one time. Nick, get it together. This is not OK. Needless to say, the girls were not pleased. To quote Raven, "If Nick likes someone who is leading with their sexuality it's no wonder this is his 4th time". So true. Nick, I am expecting more from you next week.  

While all this mess is happening, back at the mansion Liz is annoying me almost (but not quite) as much as Corinne. We get it, you hooked up with Nick already. Let it go. But she had to tell someone about it, so poor Christen had to hear the details over and over again. Also, a date card came for Danielle M. (my fav!) that said "Our relationship is about to take off."

Nick and Danielle's date brings us the first helicopter ride of the season. They spend the day on a yacht, and then later have dinner. I have to admit, halfway through their dinner I was thinking how boring they were together and wasn't optimistic. But Danielle opened up and told Nick about her fiance's passing, and it was super sad, but it did seem to connect them a little. She gets a rose, and they make out on a Ferris wheel. Not all that eventful.

The final group date card arrives at the house and it's for Christen, Josephine, Astrid, Jaimi, Kristina, and Liz. It says "We need to talk...". They go to the Museum of Broken Relationships, which is apparently a place that actually exists, full of weird mementos from people's past relationships. They learn they will be acting out a public breakup scene in front of an audience. Everyone has fun with it and some of them are pretty cute and funny. But then it's Liz's turn.

She gets up and starts telling the actual story of how she and Nick met, reading from notes she wrote down. It's super weird and awkward, and Nick looks CRAZY uncomfortable, and I feel pretty bad for him. At this point none of the other girls have any idea that what Liz is saying all happened in real life, and look way confused. Except, of course, for Christen, who knows everything and was shocked.

Later that night Nick is all paranoid that the girls know his history with Liz and will be upset, but after talking to some of them he starts to relax. Until he has one-on-one time with Christen and finds out Liz has blabbed. He calls Liz out and ends up sending her home, which I think was definitely the way to go. I was super sick of that storyline. I think he should have sent her home night one personally, but I think he was trying to be nice. After she leaves he decides that his best course of action is to be up front and tell the girls everything, and of course it all looks super dramatic and we are left on a cliffhanger wondering how the girls are going to react. 

Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see how everything plays out. What are your thoughts on episode 2? Who do you want to get a rose, and who do you want to get sent packing?


xoxo, Summer



Follow along on Instagram, Facebook. Pinterest, and Twitter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer