Monday, November 9, 2015

Gluten Free Lasagna Soup

 

I came across this recipe for Lasagna Soup on Momspark, which is one of my favorite pages to visit, and it looked so hearty and delicious that I had to give it a try. I love finding new recipes that I can add to my rotation, and in trying this one I can tell you, it is indeed a winner! Of course I made my version gluten free, but of course it was still yummy, and no one knew the difference. My recreations never look as pretty as the originals, but it sure did taste good! 

 I love Italian food, especially lasagna, but let's face it, making lasagna from scratch is practically an all day affair, and who has time for that? This twist on the classic gives you that authentic Italian flavor, but in a hearty soup that is super easy to make. This is one of my new favorites! You can link to the original Momspark post with the recipe here, and check out all their other great posts. Below is my take on the Lasagna Soup recipe from Momspark.

INGREDIENTS:
1 onion - diced
Olive Oil
1 lb. ground beef
2-3 cloves of garlic - minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Seasonings to taste - oregano, basil
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce - I used Bertolli Tomato Basil
5 cups of chicken stock
Shredded mozzarella cheese


One of my favorite things about this dish is that it can be made in one pot, which makes cleanup so easy, a big selling point for me. I used my Le Creuset Dutch Oven for this,and cooked the whole thing in it. First, heat the olive oil and saute the onions until cooked, then add the garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add your ground beef, and cook through. Drain any fat, and return to your Dutch oven. 

Next add your spaghetti sauce, chicken stock, and seasonings. Adapting things to make them gluten free requires some trial and error, so that's why I called for 5 cups of chicken stock, instead of the 4 from the original recipe. I actually only used 4 for this batch, but the gluten free pasta seemed to thicken the soup a lot more than regular pasta, so next time I will be using that extra cup for sure. Sometimes you just have to wing it and adjust things on the fly. :) 


Cook on medium low for about 15 to 20 minutes, then add your pasta and cook according to package directions. This is where your soup will thicken significantly and that extra stock will make a world of difference.



Add any extra salt and pepper you deem necessary, and serve with shredded mozzarella on top. Done! So simple! We served our soup with a green salad and Udi's Gluten Free Baguette. Yum!


This easy Lasagna Soup makes a great easy weekday dinner that the whole family will love! I can't wait to make it again! And make sure to check out Momspark for more great recipes, among other things!



xo, Summer




To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer