Monday, October 26, 2015

The Walking Dead, Season 6, Episode 3, Thank You


So now that 24 hours has passed since last night's episode of The Walking Dead, I think I'm ready to talk about it. I'm still pretty torn up, and it's obviously still on my mind, so I decided to write about it. I don't normally blog about TV shows, with the exception of the Bachelor franchise, which has kind of been boring me in recent seasons. The Walking Dead, however, affects me sometimes for days after I watch an episode, and I find myself still talking about it, so why not blog about it? I'm not sure if I'll continue to do it, or if this is a one time post, we'll just have to see how the season goes, but I just HAVE to talk about last night! In fact, it was hard to put all my feelings in writing, so here's a little video too. 



If you haven't watched the episode yet, you probably shouldn't read this post. 

Spoilers ahead!!!!!

Ok, now that I've covered that base, we can move on. First off, I have NEVER been so emotionally invested in a television show. EVER. This damn show has made me cry way more than a zombie show should make me cry. And I am SOOO not that person that yells at the screen when I'm watching something. But that's what this show has done to me. I'm completely obsessed, and slightly embarrassed about it. Back to last night.

I'm not going to recap the entire show. I just want to give y'all my thoughts on some specifics. Such as.... HOW IN THE HECK COULD THEY KILL OFF GLENN!????!!! That was the worst character death so far in my opinion. The worst. I was so nervous that he was going to get killed off with all the action that was happening, but for some reason when he actually fell off that dumpster I was NOT prepared for it. Took me totally by surprise, And I totally had a jump off the couch and yell at the TV moment. It was rough y'all. Nicholas I was totally OK with losing, but did he have to be the reason Glenn died too? Ugh. I just can't guys. Really. It's too much. Herschel was a really hard loss, and so was Beth, but this one. Too much. 

And then to put us through that scene without any fanfare, just to move on to Rick being in a TERRIBLE situation, it's like they're trying to give me a heart attack or something. Rick HAS to be OK, whether he ends up with both hands or just one (comic book reference). 

So now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's my hypothesis:

GLENN IS NOT DEAD!!!

Here is my supporting evidence:

1. References to season one. Glenn called Rick a dumb ass over the walkie, just like he did in the first season. LOVED that reference by the way. We fell in love with Glenn as a character from the very first time we met him on the series, and it was that exchange that did it. 

2. When Glenn and Nicholas fell off of the dumpster, Nicholas fell on TOP of Glenn. So it is entirely possible that when we saw the walkers tearing someone apart, it was not Glenn, but Nicholas. (TOTALLY possible, and this is what I'm choosing to believe)

3. If you continue to look back at season 1, you remember when they camouflaged themselves from the walkers by covering themselves in blood and guts. It was super gross, but it worked. So if in fact Nicholas' body is shielding Glenn from getting eaten, he would be completely covered in grossness, therefore, not noticeable to the walkers. This is totally possible too, right?

4. Steven Yeun did not make an appearance on Talking Dead. I can't remember another major character dying and not being a guest on that show. Hmm.....very interesting.

5. Glenn was also not mentioned on the In Memoriam segment on Talking Dead. Very interesting indeed....

6. Showrunner Scott Gimple made a statement saying that we would indeed be seeing Glenn in some way in the future. You can check out the details of that here. Could be in a flashback I suppose, or maybe Glenn as a walker, or maybe HE'S ALIVE Y'ALL!

Can we all just pretend like we know he's coming back, because otherwise it's just too sad. And poor Maggie! 

Anyway, I realize this post is kind of all over the place. I did not plan it out at all. I just started writing and this is what came out. I apologize. I know I'm rambling and probably not making any sense. Please tell me your thoughts on this season of The Walking Dead so far! I hope I'm not the only totally crazy obsessed one out there!


xo, Summer




To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer