Sunday, April 19, 2015

Lilly for Target Love

So, I braved Target this morning for the Lilly Pulitzer for Target Collection. I didn't attempt the online thing last night, which I kind of regret. My mom was able to get a few items that way. I got up early and planned to get to the store about 15 minutes before they opened, thinking that this being Vegas and not somewhere Southern, there wouldn't be a crowd. As I was getting ready I was scrolling my instagram feed, and suddenly me plans changed. The pictures people were posting of lines wrapped around buildings, empty clothing racks, and crazy crowds of people made me nervous, so I decided to go ahead and head out. 

I got to my Target an hour before opening, and there was not a person to be seen. Only a few cars were in the lot, belonging to employees. Awesome! I was so excited! I just thought I'd sit in my car for a while and casually stroll in and have my pick of the loot. 

A little bit later I noticed that a couple of people had arrived and were waiting outside the door, so I went ahead and joined them. We were soon joined by a few more, but it was still only a group of half a dozen or so. Everyone was so friendly, and we all chatted about the crazy stories we had already seen online about the madness in other areas, and everyone agreed that we were civilized people, and there would be no pushing, grabbing, or hoarding. This wasn't going to be so bad!

Well, about 5-10 minutes before the store was scheduled to open the masses started to show up. All of a sudden there was a line all the way across the front of the store. Now I was starting to get really nervous. You could feel everyone's excitement, and I wasn't so sure my little group of "civilized" early birds were being joined by people of the same mindset. 

Let me just say, that I love a bargain, and I'll go out of my way to get one. But I don't do Black Friday, or sample sales, or anything like that. I'm just not cut out for that kind of thing - I'm too timid. Hence my nerves this morning. I knew there was no way I was getting a dress if someone was actually going to grab it out of my hands. Do things like that really happen? I haven't witnessed it, and I was still optimistic.

When they unlocked the doors at Target we all filed in. No one was running, but we were walking VERY fast! I made a beeline straight for the women's clothing. It wouldn't have been that bad, but leave it to one bad apple (or a few) to ruin it for everyone else. One (very mean!) lady pushed past everyone in her path to get to the racks of clothes, grabbed literally everything she could hold, and took off. Everyone was stunned. I don't know why - we totally should have expected this kind of behavior. But experiencing it in person is just so much different. A couple of women asked her if she was seriously going to take all of it, and she didn't even make eye contact or say a word to anyone. You don't need 3 of the same dress in every size. Really. We know you're just going to go sell them on eBay for 5 times the price Target is charging. Way to ruin it for the rest of us, lady. I just can't even. 

So I grabbed a couple of things in my size (there were only a couple left), and wandered over to the girl's section. Not much left there, but I was able to grab one jumper in Mason's size. Now on to the home section. The plates I had my eye on were gone, as were the trays, but no biggie. Because after the HORRIBLE  lady almost ruining my faith in people, the rest of my shopping trip restored it. There was a camaraderie between all these women I met in line, and everyone was sharing, and trading, and just really trying to help each other out and be NICE to one another. I loved it! The Lilly fans in Las Vegas are fantastic!

So, in the end I only got a few things, despite being one of the first people through the door. Like I said, I'm just not cut out for cutthroat shopping! My mom made the trip in her neck of the woods and got more stuff than I did, plus was able to score a few items online early this morning. Between the two of us we did OK! There were plenty of other goodies that I REALLY wanted, but the fact that we got anything at all makes me happy! Here's our haul.......



So, when the next Target collaboration happens, will I try again? Well.....maybe. Depends on the designer! :) Were y'all able to snag any Lilly? Any good stories to tell? 


xo, Summer




To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on instagramfacebookpinteresttwitteretsy, and bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer