Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bachelor Finale.....Adios Juan Pabs!


I have never been excited for a TV show to come to an end, but this season of the Bachelor was actually painful to watch. I started off being excited Juan Pablo was the new Bachelor, and excited to do these recaps every week, as I had never done that before. But writing these posts has gotten kind of tedious. Juan Pablo has definitely overstayed his welcome on my television screen. And instead of going out on a high note and making us almost forget how totally awful this season was, he did the complete opposite and displayed his worst behavior to date, making us seriously dislike him, if we didn't already. Here's my take on last night's finale. Thank goodness it's over.

So Clare and Nikki each get their meet the family moment, and it seemed to go about the same for them both. They pretty much were told to run. As fast as they can. Even Juan Pablo's family doesn't really like him all that much it turns out. Or maybe they just know he's not really on this show for the right reasons, and neither of these girls is going to end up with him in the long run. JP's mom actually says that he can be rude, and Clare doesn't get scared off by that. No, she licks her lips and says she loves that about him. Then JP's cousin asks Nikki how much fighting she can handle, because Juan Pablo can be difficult, and she seems to think that's sweet, and I am so confused. What in the world is wrong with these girls? Open your eyes ladies! This dude's own family is trying to warn you that your boyfriend is bad news, and you're like, "Aw, how cute!". I mean really. These are some serious red flags ladies!

Next is the final one on one dates, and Clare goes first. While they're on their helicopter ride he apparently whispers something to her that is totally disrespectful. She is completely shocked, because it was something sexual. She seems really upset, and I feel really bad for her. And also, this is the most real I've seen her all season. Anyway, I don't blame her for being upset. Telling a girl you don't know her at all, but you loved "hooking up" with her is not cool. And by now we all know he didn't say "hooking up", but I'm not going to repeat what was actually said, because EW. BUT, Clare did go swimming with him in the ocean in Vietnam, and by now we all now what swimming is code for right? NOT that I'm defending JP mind you. Absolutely not. What he said was incredibly disgusting and I would be livid if someone said that to me. Clare got over it pretty quickly though. All he had to do was put on the charm and she was putty in his hands again. Gross.
 
Nikki's date was less controversial. Not all that exciting actually. After the excitement with Clare none of us were all that interested in poor Nikki. Oh well. I do want to mention how much I love Juan Pablo's dad though. He is the sweetest! I guess the apple fell a little too far from the tree in this case.....
 
Time for the final rose ceremony. Again, Clare is up first. She starts in on this monologue about how she's fallen in love with him, and he just lets her talk! Why Juan Pablo? Why let her get all of that out just so you can tell her you have to let her go? And woah, Clare is NOT happy. JP tries to give her a goodbye hug but she is having none of it. She tells him off completely, and I kind of love her for it, because he was a total jerk. That being said, she did sign up to go on a show called the Bachelor, and compete with 25 women for just 1 man, so the odds weren't really in her favor. I hate when girls get mad at the end when they don't get picked. Have they never watched the show?


Nikki's next, and she's so excited and expecting a proposal (and wearing a dress with a super scandalous slit), and the fairytale romantic ending we've come to expect from Bachelor finales........does NOT happen! This was the most awkward finale I've ever seen. He tells her he has a ring in his pocket, but isn't going to use it because he's not 100% sure he wants to marry her, but he likes her a lot. Huh? I do applaud Juan Pablo for not proposing just for TV's sake, but I like you a lot? You couldn't do better than that buddy? Poor Nikki looks so disappointed, but of course ends up accepting his rose, and we're supposed to believe they're going to have their happily ever after. Wrong. This is all just so wrong. I mean, like I said earlier, painful to watch.  But then we have After The Final Rose to get answers to all our questions, right?


Wrong! Believe it or not, things got even weirder! I don't even know how to sum up the ATFR for you, because I really didn't understand what in the world I was watching. Clare came out in the beginning, and I respect her for not wanting to talk to Juan Pablo. She got the closure she needed apparently, and as much as I (and most of you too) disliked her this season, she almost won me over. Maybe if she wasn't constantly licking her lips it would be easier to like her, I don't know.

Nikki comes out and says she's still in love with JP, but when Chris Harrison asks her if she thinks JP loves her back, she can't answer the question, and strangely doesn't seem to mind. Hmm. Then Juan Pablo joins her onstage, and the real crazy begins. Chris asks JP himself if he loves Nikki, and he flat refuses to answer the question. He just talks in circles like he always does, and Nikki sits there cuddled up next to him and smiles, and it's just WEIRD. Let me also say, that I love Chris Harrison even more than I did before if that was possible. He handled the crazy very well, and was hilarious. You could so tell that JP was just over the show and being on TV and wanted no part of it anymore. But guess what? You knew what you were signing up for, so don't be mad now that you came off like a total douche.



Thank goodness this season is over. Worst Bachelor ever. Time to move on to the Bachelorette. I'm very excited that it's Andi, because she was definitely my favorite, as I've said in previous posts. And hey, no matter what she does she'll be better than Juan Pablo! Adios!





To keep up with all things Belle & Grace, follow me on facebook, instagram, pinterest, twitter, and bloglovin!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I wasn't even that happy that Juan Pablo was going to be the next Bachelor to begin with. I thought he was cute and sweet on Desire's season but you never got to know him intellectually on the show so it was purely for physical reasons that they assigned him. Also, why did they not pick any Latina women who could relate to him culturally. Okay, ranting. Basically I totally agree, most awkward and worst Bachelor season to date... So disappointing.
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love yours! Here's hoping that Andi's season of the Bachelorette will be more watchable! :)

    xo, Summer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer