Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Bachelor is Back! Hola Juan Pablo!

Oh how I love Bachelor season! I know it's super cheesy and the drama and romance is totally manufactured, but I just can't get enough! And my hubby knows that in our house Bachelor Monday means he has dinner and bedtime duty. What can I say, I'm a sucker for reality TV!
 
 

This new season has been hyped SOOOOO much even I'm already kind of sick of hearing the name Juan Pablo! However, I'm still excited that he's the new bachelor. I will admit that after Sunday and Monday's episodes, I don't see a lot there. Yes, he's gorgeous, and the accent is to die for. But I just don't think there's a lot of depth there. Guess what? I don't care! I'm still watching! And I will enjoy it just as much as ever! So here are my highlights. I in no way want to be mean or hurt anyone's feelings, or judge. But hey, when you go on a reality TV show you're kind of putting yourself out there to be judged right? I'll be nice though....
 
So, who watched last night? Overall, I liked the girls as a group. There were a few I liked more than others of course. And of course there were some crazies......The limo exits were relatively unexciting and definitely less gimmicky than other seasons, thank goodness. Hardly anyone tried to speak Spanish, which was a welcome surprise. But let's start with the fashion. I feel like last night was even worse than seasons past when it comes the dresses. Why is it so hard for these girls to pick out a decent gown? It's not prom (Christy and Lauren H.), and you're not in a pageant (Lacy, Kyle, and Cassandra)! Amy J. and Danielle, just, no. I can't deal with the amount of tacky I saw. But there were some decent choices. Clare's pink dress was my favorite I think. Nikki's black studded dress, Kat's red, and honorable mention goes to Andi and Sharleen. Like I said, I don't want to be mean. All theses girls are beautiful smart girls. I just happen to disagree with some of their fashion choices. Strongly.
 
After just one episode I already have my frontrunners. My top four are, in no particular order, Andi, Kat, Nikki, and Clare. Nikki was actually my personal favorite (besides Molly the dog).  Super cute and seemed very down to earth. I thought Juan Pablo and Andi had the best chemistry and seemed very natural together. I give her runner up. Besides these four I also think Renee and Chelsie will stick around for a while. In my opinion JP did well with his eliminations, for the most part.
 
There was less crazy than I was expecting last night, which was kind of disappointing actually. I love a good train wreck. Looks like there's plenty more coming this season though, so at least we have that to look forward to, right? So who were the stand out crazies? If you watched I don't have to tell you! Wow......Amy J. with the massage table - no. And poor poor Lauren H. I felt so bad for her! You're "over" your ex? Sure you are. That was the most uncomfortable one on one convo. Yikes. Good thing she went home, because it's pretty obvious she couldn't handle it. I wanted to give her a hug. Cassandra's entrance, probably not as awkward as it was edited to look like, but still painful to watch. And then there's "free spirit" Lucy. I can't even handle it. I really wanted to like her, and I'm sure she's a very sweet person. But she needs to put on some shoes.
 
I have two favorite moments from last night. First, when poor confused Kylie thought he said her name. "Kat". So embarrassing. Ugh. But the very best, and I mean, the best I've seen on the Bachelor or Bachelorette that I can remember was Sharleen! She totally surprised me! Her limo exit and introduction made me think of Velma from Scooby Doo, but in a good way. And she seemed oh so uncomfortable. I so did not see her getting that first impression rose. "Sure". Oh my gosh, that was such an awkward wonderful moment, and Juan Pablo was so completely oblivious. I loved it! And she said weiner. How can you not love her? I can't wait to see how their relationship is going to play out. I can totally see her leaving the show on her own accord.
 
All in all this looks like an awesome season! Contemplating posting my thoughts on each weeks episode, but we'll see how that goes. Also, I can't wait for the crying on the bathroom floor.  Don't judge me.
 
Who are your favs from last night? I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one, and love hearing from you! All replies will be in the comments section, so be sure to check back!

xo, Summer